(l to r: Beyonce, leaving TRL studios; Cassie, arriving at Beyonce's concert; Kelly Rowland, out and about)
Lets start off with the basic tee. All three of the beautiful ladies above are rocking the perfect tee, a major staple in the effortless look. Whether you choose to wear a vintage 80's tee, a plain white tee, or a shirt with your favorite team displayed on the front, make sure its fitted to your body so that you don't look as if you're swimming in it. You also want to avoid getting the shirt too small, some unwanted things may spill out, and that would be very uncomfortable I'm sure.
1. Cap Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt; bella.com, $26.00
2. Ladies Hungry Hippos T-Shirt; Famous Forever from truffleshuffle.com, $24.99
3. Retro Sport Detroit Piston's Tee; 80spurple.com, $48.00
Something that all of the celebrity fresh stars seem to wear often, is the perfect skinny jean. Match up a dark wash with a light t-shirt, or a lighter wash with a darker tee. Rock the skinny jeans with a medium to skinny belt if you plan on wearing a cropped tee, like Miss Cassie... or if you plan on tucking your shirt in, like Miss Kelly.
1. Avedon Skinny Leg in Berlin; Citizens of Humanity, $193.00
2. Hulsey Strutters (Attica Blues Wash); Sass & Bide, $149.99
3. Hulsey Strutters (Cracked Galaxy Wash); Sass & Bide, $149.99
Perfect shoes are an absolute MUST for any outfit, but these fresh celebrities tend to lean towards heels when they're in jeans and a t-shirt, to dress their look up a bit. Try wearing a pair of metallic peep toes when you try to achieve this look. Check out the ones Cassie and Bee are wearing. If you're not sure what color to go with yet, why not try a black, patent leather heel?
1. Poppy Metallic Peep Toe; dillards.com, $69.00
2. Drew Point Toe Pumps in Gold; Mossimo from target.com, $22.49
3. Dysis Patent Pump w/ Stacked Heel; Mossimo from target.com, $29.99
As we all know, a celebrity fresh look would never be complete without a flash over sized bag! You can throw everything inside and just go. On top of that, they're very eye-catching and fabulous. I never leave home without mine.
1. Bridle Large Patent Bowling Bag; Maxx New York from kitson, $148.00
2. Beverly Cracked Leather Bag; net-a-porter.com, $980.00
3. Cannage Drawstring Medium Shoulder Bag; Dior, $1,290.00
Last but certainly not least, is the cherry on top...the unique jewelry. It's the little detail that makes these outfits pop. You may want to layer pieces like bracelets (try bangles) or necklaces (go for long and medium lengths). Always go for the unique pieces versus the ordinary ones you would find on anyone. Don't be afraid to be different! You don't want to wear jewelry that's too big though, maybe a larger pendant on a long necklace like Kelly. But don't let your accessories take over your outfit.
1. Gold Diamond 7 piece Bangle Set; kitson, $75.00
2. Leather Woven Chain; CC Skye from 80spurple.com, $200.00
3. Jasper Medallion Necklace; target.com, $12.74
4. Burnished Gold Tone Faux Jade Ring; target.com, $10.99
*If you also want that flawless face that seems to glow, try an extra light foundation like Maybelline Pure Makeup, and top it off with Cover Girl TruBlend bronzer.
*For the perfect knit/crochet hat (see Kelly Rowland), my mother makes one of a kind creations from $20.00 that will compliment any outfit. Pic1 Pic2. Contact me for further details.
*To get that perfect, not too styled hair; try simply flat ironing your hair, or curling it loosely all over.